Thursday, October 28, 2010

Things are OK

Just wanted to give y'all the update that the lil girl is OK. She was walking around town the other day and in better spirits. It could have been much much worse - if I had been going faster, she could have been killed or had some broken bones. I bought her some new shoes and bracelets to make her feel a little better. I still feel horrible but relieved she is healing quick.

I am in Freetown to do some errands then heading back to get some more work done. I am going to a pygmy hippo conference in Monrovia at the end of November so had to get my visa. The men were not going to give me the visa today and I did not want to wait till tomorrow just for the visa, so I pulled out a little flirtatious Mende and tolerated a little groping of my neck (they love my neck here!) to get it today. I also got my driver's license from the American Embassy so now I can ride my motorcycle anyplace! Yay!!

Other than that, no real news! Hope everybody is doing well! 

No comments: