Sunday, November 7, 2010

The countryside of countrysides

I guess I didn’t know I was really roughing it until today. I mean, ok, I complain about the water and light at research, but these are more just nuisances than anything. I really don’t need them. Yesterday a lady from the Embassy came with her husband to stay at Tiwai for 2 nights. Minah and I took them on a walk this morning in the forest. When I met them in the morning and asked how they slept, they answered “Not at all.” They were very hot the whole night and the wildlife was too loud. They said they could never do what I do every day. The man said something along the lines of “Man, I thought we were going to the country, but this is just something else!” The Embassy people left a day early, not very happy. That makes me worry a little that the people coming in January may find the place too rustic for them too.

I don't think Tiwai is very "rough" but then again I'm sort of used to it. The visitor center has solar electricity and a fridge for goodness sakes. Aaahh wellll

No comments: