Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hrmm overwhelmed a wee bit

Holy cow it is hot in this country. I don’t remember ever being so bleh. My toe is not broken probably but still it is nice and purple and swollen. Therefore we only made it to 2 villages today – Ngiema and Jinneh. Jinneh is awesome but Ngiema I dread every time. They beg like crazy and are just really weird for some reason.




Oh, about the music video – did not happen. The guy had to go take somebody to the hospital. And then I was glad it did not happen because he came later to the guesthouse to profess his undying love to me. I turned him down because I am a cruel cruel woman.



I somehow feel like I never left, and somehow feel like I have never been here before. I miss Mr. Magona and Tall Kenewa, partially for purely selfish reasons. They really helped me out and looked after me and I am a little bit lost without them now to guide me.



I’m already craving crunchy foods. Would kill for a cucumber right now, but I will look in Bo on Thursday to see if I can buy any there. I could definitely just live off cucumber for a couple weeks. Yum yum. I’m already a little tired of rice and that is definitely not a good sign. As soon as I get some petrol for this gas stove, and I really really hope the gas stove works, I will be able to get some variety. Of course it is a little strange having all these people around. I feel almost obliged to give them anything I am making and I hate that. I’m OK with just my field assistants, but there are 11 people here now. I could definitely use some tea or coffee in the morning too!!! I feel so entirely spoiled already because I got used to the creature comforts of the U.S. and I am now trying to fit in to this new way of living. I think I am going to be losing weight quickly.



A little later…



Coleslaw in a can = kinda really disgusting. Bleh!

No comments: