Hello everybody! I am here, made it safe and sound. Must say I am a little jet-lagged though. The journey went really smoothly - all my luggage was under the required limit, it passed inspection by TSA, I got an entire row to myself from London-Freetown, the airport was not nearly as hassly as it used to be, customs was a breeze, got on a boat that was really pleasant and had an interesting conversation with a Sierra Leone guy going to school in the U.S. - pretty much as nice a journey as it could be. I am staying in Lakka currently, but am in town for the day tagging along with some European girls who volunteer at EFA. Did I mention I am paying for the gasoline that is powering the generator that is making this computer work so I can talk to all of you? :) Worth it!
I don't know if EFA will provide me a car to go to Tiwai so I may have to figure something out...I'm sure it will all work out, but I plan to go on Sunday. Shopping and meeting with the Forestry people tomorrow! Exciting stuff!
It's reeeeally humid here, which is what I expected. I really should have gone to a sauna/steamroom daily before coming here to acclimatize. :) Don't worry, I am drinking a lot of water. Well I should go find some grub! Talk to ya laaaater!!
No comments:
Post a Comment