Today is the day I am leaving on a 10:45pm flight to London Heathrow, then on to Freetown. EFA is meeting me at the hovercraft landing (or whatever it is they have at the moment that is not the helicopter or ferry) and taking me to a nice guesthouse where I can rest. That sure is a relief to know I have something arranged on the other side! I have printed everything I can think of off and hope this journey is a smooth one...although I am trying to prepare for bumpiness, cuz my life is full of bumps!
I just received word that I got the Explorer's Club Exploration Fund which is pretty darn awesome. Not actually sure how much the award is for yet, but heck, money is money and keeps me and my peeps happy in Sierra Leone. Yay!!!
I need to make a list of things to buy in Freetown before heading to Tiwai. I have a love/hate relationship with shopping. I am going back to the land where I have to barter for almost everything. ICK.
I can do this!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment