Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New beginning??

Hello everybody! Long time no talk. I thought it was time to break open this lil blog and start writing again. It's good for me to put down my thoughts and it's good for you peeps to see what it is I am doing in my life. Anyways, I am preparing to return to Sierra Leone for another field season. So far it is almost like last season, only bigger and better! OK maybe not but it sure is a lot more ambitious! I've got bags filled to the brim with equipment and some added comfort items I didn't dare take before. Now I realize that extra excess bag that has simple comfort things is tooootally worth it. I'm even bringing my own pillow this year - yeah, I know, a little over the top...

Anyways, I have been writing grants nonstop since last July. I've written like 18 or something, with 2-3 more to go. That, my dears, is a helluva lot of grants. I've been lucky enough to receive 3 grants from 3 lovely zoos that will keep me in the field camera trapping pygmy hippos for almost 8 months! Hurrah!

So of course I am excited, but a little bit sad that I will be going back to a Sierra Leone without a Tall Kenewa or a Mr. Magona. It won't be the same, and I know I am going to be looking out for them all the time. See I still even feel a bit like crying when I think about them!

Well I will try to keep you all posted on how things go. Right now my departure date is set for April 27th. My final booking for my flight will be tomorrow so can let you know a bit more! Pretty excitin stuff. Laters!

No comments: