STILL no hippo. I think the hippo yesterday was mocking us.
I have another boil on my elbow. This is getting a wee bit annoying.
In other news, Lahai, one of our field assistants, has
chicken pox. A lot of the people in Mapuma have it apparently. So we had to
send him home, since a lot of people at the research station have not had it. I
think he was a little embarrassed because we kept telling him not to touch
things. I didn’t even realize what it was he had – he just explained that he
had a fever when he arrived, and we all went into the forest (I pretended to be
a hippo today so they could track me) and he found me, he lifted up his shirt
to show me. And then I realized we had something entirely different from
malaria on our hands. We just hope we contained it in time so that nobody else
gets sick.
So that’s all the news for now…I craved a crispy salad
today.
No comments:
Post a Comment