Wednesday, November 12, 2008

WEll here is my final post for now. All those were uploaded from my computer - I wrote them on Tiwai. :) If you didn't figure that out already. I waited 4 days for internet and now I finally have it but I spent too much money on other stuff. Uhoh! Haha. Oh well. Everything is good here. I'm sick of rice, sick of sweating, but I'm ok! :) Actually it is not so bad. I am feeling more comfortable in the forest and with the Sierra Leonians. Learning some Mende and some Krio and having fun doing it. I also found the LIBRARY - it's like a jewel. The entire Harry Potter series and lots more. Very nice books and a lot of them! It made me so excited. I had to pay $7 for a membership but it is SO worth it!

Anyways I will be back the first week of December, possibly before. Hopefully the internet will behave. I just wanted to let everybody know that I am feelin better here, dealing with stuff, and having some fun too. The men are kind of annoying - everybody loves my body (yes, they tell me that frequently) and wants to be my special friend. Hrm...

Well I must go. I miss everybody terribly. It is a little lonely on the island, but I am getting more buddies and doing more activities so it is not so bad. My fridge is still awesome. I'm getting used to the insects and sort of used to the heat. Maybe. :)

Love you all so much!

1 comment:

Erin said...

April! I miss you so much and was so happy to spend time with you the other day online - gmail is awesome, is it not?
Good to hear you are adapting...hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful and the restaurant you picked in Bo was delicious!
love you bunches,
Erin