I've moved semi-permanently to my tent because 1) I'm fairly certain there are no tarantulas there, it is cooler outside, and I have a better mattress. And I get to hear the rainforest sounds of the night! I bought a hammock a couple days ago for ~$3. It is now tied between a mango tree and an avocado tree. yesterday while going to one of the camera locations, we came across a big group of red river hogs. I was ready to climb a tree but there were no good ones. They ran away though - over 10 of them! They are the most dangerous animal on the island nowadays. Well besides the snakes! We saw a buffalo print today (maybe). Interesting because they aren't known to be here in the rainy season. Also heard the chimps drumming and screaming from a distance for the first time today - that puts a chill down your spine. I'm pretty exhausted today. We only went about 4 miles but a lot of bushwhacking, and I've already told you about the vines! We made a huge lunch and now it is relaxing time.
Mr. M brought me very exciting things from Bo: chocolate, a hot pink mirror that even has rhinestones, and a belt! Very essential cuz walking and pulling up your pants every 5 minutes is not fun.
FYI, coconut milk, cold from the fridge, is AMAZING. One a side note, I hope Obama wins the election! Have to wait for BBC to tell me.
No comments:
Post a Comment