Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hello again everybody. I wanted to tell you the tale of making pancakes here. Last night I dreamt that my mother had cooked me an American food feast – onion rings, hamburgers, etc. So I woke this morning hankering for some American home cooking. I knew I had the supplies to make some pancakes, so I decided this is what I would make. I opened up my flour, to find that the flour was overtaken by weevils/mealworms. I found an old mosquito net and used this to sift out (most) of the mealworms. Then I went for the eggs, and found some of them had already matured a little too much. I sorted through the eggs and found the ones that were ok. I mixed all these up with the other ingredients and cooked ‘em up. I had a nice pile of sort of limp, lumpy pancakes, and went to pour syrup on them. Out poured dozens of little red ants. I shrugged (hey, they were dead – extra protein!), sat down, and ate every last bite. Might even make some mealworm onion rings for lunch!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Om nom!! Mealworm pancakes with red any syrup. Maybe you'll start another trend!